Kessenich is a village in the Belgian province Limburg.
Articles in Belgium ( 1,289 )
1,289 Articles of interest in Belgium
Jupille (fully Jupille-sur-Meuse) is a former Belgian municipality.
The Halle-Vilvoorde Arrondissement (Dutch: Arrondissement Halle-Vilvoorde; French: Arrondissement de Hal-Vilvorde) is one of the two administrative arrondissements in the Belgian province of Flemish Brabant. It almost completely surrounds the Brusse…
Ghislenghien (Dutch: Gellingen) is a small town in Belgium near Ath. On July 30, 2004 a high-pressure natural gas pipeline operated at a pressure of 70 bar ruptured following recent third party damage.
Gent-Dampoort is the second largest railway station in Ghent, East Flanders, Belgium.
The Demer is an 85-kilometre (53 mi) long river in eastern Belgium, right tributary of the Dijle. It flows through the Belgian provinces Limburg and Flemish Brabant. Its source is near Tongeren.
The Curtius Museum (Musée Curtius) is a museum of archaeology and decorative arts, located on the bank of the Meuse River in Liège, classified as a Major Heritage of Wallonia.
The Collegium Trilingue, often also called Collegium trium linguarum, or, after its creator Collegium Buslidianum (French: Collège des Trois Langues, Dutch: Dry Tonghen), was founded in 1517 under the patronage of the humanist, Hieronymus van Busley…
The Clockarium is a museum in Schaerbeek (on the outskirts of Brussels, Belgium) devoted to the Art Deco ceramic clock.
The Château de Belœil is a château situated in the municipality of Belœil in the province of Hainaut, Belgium. Since the 14th century it has been the residence of the Prince de Ligne.
Chimay Castle (French: Château de Chimay) is a château that is located in Chimay, Hainaut, Belgium. The castle has been owned by the Prince of Chimay and his ancestors for centuries, and it is open to the public for tours during part of the year.
The Katholieke Universiteit Brussel (English: Catholic University of Brussels) is a Flemish university located in Brussels, founded in 1969 as University Faculties St Aloysius (UFSAL), in many ways the equivalent of a liberal arts college. Teaching …
The Brussels–Scheldt Maritime Canal, also named the Willebroek Canal, is a canal in Belgium linking Brussels with the river Scheldt.
The Brasserie du Bocq is a Belgian family brewery founded in 1858 by Martin Belot.
Boudewijn Seapark is a marine mammal park and theme park located in Sint-Michiels, Bruges, Belgium.
Boon Brewery (Brouwerij Boon) is a Belgian brewery situated in Lembeek, near Brussels, that mainly produces geuze and kriek beer of a fairly traditional variety, but using distinctly modern brewing techniques and equipment.
Beersel Castle (Dutch: Kasteel van Beersel) is located in the Belgian town of Beersel, Flemish Brabant, south of Brussels. It has 3 massive watchtowers, and is surrounded by a wide moat.
The Battle of Arlon (9 June 1793) saw a French Republican force under the command of Amable Henri Delaage face a Habsburg Austrian force led by Gottfried von Schröder. The French were victorious though they suffered higher casualties than the Austri…
Averbode Abbey is a Premonstratensian abbey situated near Diest (Flemish Brabant), in the Archdiocese of Mechelen-Brussels in Belgium.
The Arrondissement of Bruges (Dutch: Arrondissement Brugge; French: Arrondissement de Bruges) is one of the eight administrative arrondissements in the Province of West Flanders, Belgium.
Aardenburg is a small city (population as of 2008: 2,438) close to the Dutch border with Belgium. It is part of the Sluis Municipality, located in the province of Zeeland in the Netherlands.
Nevele (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈneːvələ]) is a municipality located in the Belgian province of East Flanders. The municipality comprises the towns of Hansbeke, Landegem, Merendree, Nevele proper, Poesele and Vosselare.
Zillebeke is a village in the Flemish province of West-Vlaanderen in Belgium. The former municipality is now part of Ypres.
Westvleteren is a village in the province of West Flanders, Belgium. It is a section of the municipality of Vleteren.
Van Wesenbekestraat is the street in Antwerp (Belgium) where the little Chinatown of the city is settled. It contains a lot of Asian restaurants, the biggest Asian supermarket in the country (named Sun Wah), a Buddhist temple and a school for master…
The University of Mons-Hainaut (French: Université de Mons-Hainaut) (UMH), in Mons, Wallonia, Belgium, was a university in the French Community of Belgium.
Strombeek-Bever is an urbanised town with about 11,500 inhabitants in the municipality of Grimbergen, in the province of Flemish Brabant, Belgium. A suburb on the north side of Brussels, it is separated from Grimbergen proper by the R0 ring road aro…
Stade Le Canonnier is a multi-use stadium in Mouscron, Belgium. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home ground of Royal Mouscron-Péruwelz.
St Aubin's Cathedral, Namur, Wallonia, the only cathedral in Belgium in academic Late Baroque style. It was the only church built in the Low Countries as a cathedral after 1559, when most of the dioceses of the Netherlands were reorganized.
Spy is a village in the municipality of Jemeppe-sur-Sambre near Namur, Belgium.
Sint-Andries (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈsɪnt ˈɑndris]) is a suburb of Bruges in the province of West Flanders in Belgium.
The Rogier metro station is a Brussels metro station on the northern segment of line 2 which also serves tram lines on the north-south axis. It is named after Charles Rogier, Belgium's thirteenth prime minister.
Ploegsteert Wood was a sector of the Western Front in Flanders in World War I, part of the Ypres Salient. It is located around the village of Ploegsteert in the Walloon region of north-western Belgium.
The Palace of Charles of Lorraine was the residence of Charles Alexander of Lorraine in Brussels.
Ourthe is the name of a département of the First French Empire in present day Germany and Belgium, at the time written as Ourte by French officials. It was named after the river Ourthe.
Oostakker, formerly spelled Oostacker, is one of the smaller former municipalities which were merged into Ghent (from which it is only two miles), the capital of the Belgian province of East Flanders.