The Fort Barton Site is the site of an historic American Revolutionary War fort, now located in a public park at Lawton and Highland Avenues in Tiverton, Rhode Island. All that remains of the fort are its earthworks, a roughly oblong structure about 150 feet (46 m) long and 100 feet (30 m) deep. The site was a defensive post overlooking the main ferry crossing between Tiverton and Aquidneck Island, which was under British control at the time of its construction in 1777. The ferry was used as a launching position for American forces during the Battle of Rhode Island in August 1778. The site was named after Lt. Col.
Latitude: 41° 37' 31.08" N
Longitude: -71° 12' 25.20" W
Nearest city to this article: Tiverton, Rhode Island Read about Fort Barton Site in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Fort Barton Site in Google Maps