Buttonwoods Beach Historic District is a historic district bounded by Brush Neck Cove, Greenwich Bay, Cooper and Promenade Avenues in Warwick, Rhode Island. "Old Buttonwoods" is a bucolic neighborhood on the eastern limb of the Nausauket neck, located in the West Bay area of Warwick, Rhode Island. Buttonwoods is delimited by Nausauket and Apponaug to the west, Buttonwoods Cove to the north, Greenwich (aka Cowesett) Bay to the south and Oakland Beach to the east. The Old Buttonwoods section of Warwick was founded as a summer colony in 1871 by the Rev. Moses Bixby of Providence’s Cranston Street Baptist Church, who was looking for a place to establish a summer colony by the shore for his congregation.
Latitude: 41° 41' 10.50" N
Longitude: -71° 25' 19.24" W
Nearest city to this article: Warwick, Rhode Island Read about Buttonwoods Beach Historic District in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Buttonwoods Beach Historic District in Google Maps