Oak Woods Cemetery was established on February 12, 1853; it covers an area of 74 hectares (183 acres) and is located at 1035 E. 67th Street in the Greater Grand Crossing area of Chicago's South Side. The first burials took place in 1860. Soon after the American Civil War, several thousand Confederate soldiers, prisoners who died at Camp Douglas, were buried here.
Latitude: 41° 46' 16.39" N
Longitude: -87° 36' 7.74" W
Nearest city to this article: Evergreen Park Read about Oak Woods Cemetery in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Oak Woods Cemetery in Google Maps