The Polo Grounds was the name of three stadiums in Upper Manhattan, New York, used mainly for professional baseball and American football from 1880 until 1963. The third Polo Grounds, built in 1890 and renovated after a fire in 1911, is the one generally indicated when the Polo Grounds is referenced. It was located in Coogan's Hollow and was noted for its distinctive bathtub shape, very short distances to the left and right field walls, and an unusually deep center field. As the name suggests, the original Polo Grounds, opened in 1876 and demolished in 1889, was built for the sport of polo.
Latitude: 40° 49' 30.59" N
Longitude: -73° 56' 8.99" W
Nearest city to this article: Edgewater, New Jersey Read about Polo Grounds in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Polo Grounds in Google Maps