The Russian Academy of Arts in Saint Petersburg, informally known as the Saint Petersburg Academy of Arts, was founded in 1757 by Ivan Shuvalov under the name Academy of the Three Noblest Arts. Catherine the Great renamed it the Imperial Academy of Arts and commissioned a new building, completed 25 years later in 1789 by the Neva River. The academy promoted the neoclassical style and technique, and sent its promising students to European capitals for further study.
Latitude: 59° 56' 15.04" N
Longitude: 30° 17' 24.79" E
Nearest city to this article: Saint Petersburg Read about Imperial Academy of Arts in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Imperial Academy of Arts in Google Maps