Burials in the Kremlin Wall Necropolis in Moscow began in November 1917, when 240 pro-Bolshevik victims of the October Revolution were buried in mass graves on Red Square. It is centered on both sides of Lenin's Mausoleum, initially built in wood in 1924 and rebuilt in granite in 1929–1930. After the last mass burial made in 1921, funerals on Red Square were usually conducted as state ceremonies and reserved as the last honor for notable politicians, military leaders, cosmonauts, and scientists. In 1925–1927 burials in the ground were stopped; funerals were now conducted as burials of cremated ash in the Kremlin wall itself.
Latitude: 55° 45' 7.61" N
Longitude: 37° 37' 6.41" E
Nearest city to this article: Moscow Read about Kremlin Wall Necropolis in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Kremlin Wall Necropolis in Google Maps