The Old Merchant Court (Russian: Старый гостиный двор) in Moscow occupies a substantial portion of Kitai-gorod, as the old merchant district is known. Formerly accommodating both shops and warehouses, it was constructed of brick in the 1590s and underwent significant modifications from 1638–41. As the Russian capital expanded and the old structure became overcrowded, a new indoor market was completed nearby in 1665.
Latitude: 55° 45' 7.79" N
Longitude: 37° 37' 19.19" E
Nearest city to this article: Moscow Read about Moscow Gostiny Dvor in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Moscow Gostiny Dvor in Google Maps