Articles of interest in Diekirch
The Family of Man was an ambitious photography exhibition curated by Edward Steichen, the director of the Museum of Modern Art's (MOMA) Department of Photography. It was first shown in 1955 from January 24 to May 8 at the New York MOMA. Steichen’s i…
The University of Luxembourg is the only university in Luxembourg, founded on 13 August 2003. Prior to that, there were several higher educational institutions such as the cour universitaire or the IST that offered one or two years of academic studi…
Luxembourg is a small country located in the Low Countries, part of North-West Europe It borders Belgium for 148 km (91 mi) to the west and north, France (73 km) (45 mi) to the south, and Germany (138 km) (85 mi) to the east.
Vianden (Luxembourgish: Veianen) is a commune with city status in the Oesling, north-eastern Luxembourg, with over 1,800 inhabitants. It is the capital of the canton of Vianden, which is part of the district of Diekirch.
Diekirch (Luxembourgish: Dikrech; from Diet-Kirch, i.e. "people's church") is a commune with city status in north-eastern Luxembourg, capital city of the canton Diekirch and the district of Diekirch. The city is situated on the banks of the Sauer ri…
Berg Castle (Luxembourgish: Schlass Bierg, French: Château de Berg, German: Schloss Berg), also called Colmar-Berg, is the principal residence of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg.
Clervaux (Luxembourgish: Klierf, German: Clerf) is a commune and town in northern Luxembourg, administrative capital of the canton of Clervaux.
Ettelbruck (Luxembourgish: Ettelbréck, German: Ettelbrück) is a commune with city status in central Luxembourg, with a population of approximately 7,500. As of 2005, the town of Ettelbruck itself, which lies in the east of the commune, has a populat…
The Battle of Vianden (occasionally called the Battle for Vianden Castle) took place November 19, 1944 in the small town of Vianden in northern Luxembourg, and was one of the most important battles of the Luxembourgish resistance against Nazi German…
The Alzette (Luxembourgish: Uelzecht, German: Alzig) is a river with a length of 73 kilometres (45 mi) in France and Luxembourg.
The Oesling or Ösling (Luxembourgish: Éislek) is a region covering the northern part of both the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and Eifelkreis Bitburg-Prüm, within the greater Ardennes area that also covers parts of Belgium and France.
Fischbach Castle (Luxembourgish: Schlass Fëschbech, French: Château de Fischbach, German: Schloss Fischbach) is a castle in Luxembourg.
The District of Diekirch is one of three districts of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Gutland (French: Bon Pays) is a region covering the southern and central parts of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Gutland covers 68% of the territory of Luxembourg; to the north of Gutland lies the Oesling, which covers the remaining 32% of the Grand…
The National Museum of Military History (French: Musée national d'histoire militaire, German: Nationalen Museum für Militärgeschichte), abbreviated to NMMH, is a national museum in Diekirch, in north-eastern Luxembourg, that includes amongst its exh…
Valley of the Seven Castles is an informal name given to the Eisch valley, in central Luxembourg. The valley stretches from the confluence with the Alzette upstream to Steinfort, on the border with Belgium. The entire route can be traversed in about…
Mersch (Luxembourgish: Miersch) is a commune and town in central Luxembourg, capital of the canton of Mersch.
Esch-sur-Sûre (Luxembourgish: Esch-Sauer, German: Esch-Sauer) is a commune and small town in north-western Luxembourg. It is part of the canton of Wiltz, which is part of the district of Diekirch.
Page 1 of 13