Jersey (/ˈdʒɜrzi/, French: [ʒɛʁzɛ]; Jèrriais: Jèrri [ʒɛri]), officially the Bailiwick of Jersey (French: Bailliage de Jersey; Jèrriais: Bailliage dé Jèrri), is a possession of the Crown in right of Jersey, off the coast of Normandy, France. The bail…
Latitude and longitude of Saint Helier
Saint Helier (/sintˈhɛliər/) is one of the twelve parishes of Jersey, the largest of the Channel Islands in the English Channel. St Helier has a population of about 33,500, roughly 34.2% of the total population of Jersey, and is the capital of the Island (although Government House is situated in St Saviour). The urban area of the parish of St Helier makes up most of the largest town in Jersey, although some of the town area is situated in adjacent St Saviour, with suburbs sprawling into St Lawrence and St Clement.
Latitude: 49° 11' 16.94" N
Longitude: -2° 06' 17.68" W
Articles of interest in Saint Helier
47 Articles of interest near Saint Helier, JerseyShow all articles in the map
Medium frequency (MF) is the ITU designation for radio frequencies (RF) in the range of 300 kHz to 3 MHz. Part of this band is the medium wave (MW) AM broadcast band. The MF band is also known as the hectometer band or hectometer wave as the wavelen…
Jersey Airport (IATA: JER, ICAO: EGJJ) is located in the parish of Saint Peter, 4 NM (7.4 km; 4.6 mi) west northwest of Saint Helier in Jersey, in the Channel Islands.
The States of Jersey (French: États de Jersey) is the parliament and government of the British Crown dependency of Jersey.
Sir William Heygate Edmund Colborne "Billy" Butlin (29 September 1899 – 12 June 1980) was a British, South Africa-born entrepreneur whose name is synonymous with the British holiday camp.
The Jersey Accommodation and Activity Centre is a building in Saint Martin, Jersey, in the Channel Islands. It was formerly known as the Industrial School, the Jersey Home for Boys, and Haut de la Garenne. Its previous uses have included being an in…
The JE postcode area, also known as the Jersey postcode area, is a group of postal districts covering Jersey.
The Battle of Jersey (6 January 1781) was an attempt by French Royalist forces to invade Jersey and remove the threat the island posed to French and American shipping in the American War of Independence. Jersey provided a base for British privateers…
Saint Saviour (Jèrriais: St Saûveux/St Sauveur) is one of the twelve parishes of Jersey in the Channel Islands.
Durrell Wildlife Park (formerly Jersey Zoo) is a zoological park established in 1958 on the island of Jersey in the English Channel by naturalist and author Gerald Durrell (1925–1995). It is operated by the Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust.
Mont Orgueil is a castle in Jersey that overlooks the harbour of Gorey.
This article describes the geography of Jersey, an island territory in the English Channel. The island of Jersey has an area of 119 square kilometres, with 70 kilometres of coastline.
La Hougue Bie is a historic site, with museum, in the Jersey parish of Grouville. Hougue is a Jèrriais/Norman language word meaning a "mound" and comes from the Old Norse word haugr. Bie is of uncertain origin.
The Écréhous (or Les Écréhou; in Jèrriais: Êcrého) are a group of islands and rocks situated six miles (9.6 km) north-east of Jersey, and eight miles (12.8 km) from France. They form part of the Bailiwick of Jersey and are administratively part of t…
Elizabeth Castle is a castle and tourist attraction, on a tidal island within the parish of Saint Helier, Jersey. Construction was started in the 16th century when the power of cannon meant that the existing stronghold at Mont Orgueil was insufficie…
La Corbière (Jèrriais: La Corbiéthe) is the extreme south-western point of Jersey in St. Brelade. The name means "a place where crows gather", deriving from the word corbîn meaning crow.
Saint Brélade is one of the twelve parishes of the Bailiwick of Jersey. Its population is around 9,560, and it occupies the southwestern part of the island. It is the only parish to border only one other parish, St. Peter.
Hohlgangsanlage 8 (often abbreviated to Ho8, also known as the German Underground Hospital or the Jersey War Tunnels) was a partially completed underground hospital complex in St. Lawrence, Jersey, built by German occupying forces during the occupat…