The Basilica di San Pietro di Castello (English: Basilica of St Peter of Castello), commonly called San Pietro di Castello, is a Roman Catholic minor basilica of the Patriarch of Venice located in the Castello sestiere of the Italian city of Venice. The present building dates from the 16th century, but a church has stood on the site since at least the 7th century. From 1451 to 1807, it was the city's cathedral church, though hardly playing the usual dominant role of a cathedral, as it was overshadowed by the "state church" of San Marco, and inconviently located. During its history the church has undergone a number of alterations and additions by some of Venice's most prominent architects.
Latitude: 45° 26' 2.62" N
Longitude: 12° 21' 21.28" E
Nearest city to this article: Venice Read about San Pietro di Castello (church) in the Wikipedia Satellite map of San Pietro di Castello (church) in Google Maps