Oriel House, Westland Row is a building at the intersection of Westland Row and Fenian Street in Dublin. It was the headquarters of Dunlop Rubber, and the address at which a US pneumatic tyre patent was draughted in 1893 'for the wheels of Velocipedes and other Vehicles'. During the Irish Civil War, it became the base for the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) of the Irish Free State's nascent police force. It was used by the Department of Lands in the late 1940s, and Gaeltarra Eireann had its head office there in the 1950s.
Latitude: 53° 20' 31.37" N
Longitude: -6° 15' 0.97" W
Nearest city to this article: Dublin Read about Oriel House, Westland Row in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Oriel House, Westland Row in Google Maps