Articles of interest in Donnybrook
Wood Quay (Irish: An Ché Adhmaid) is a riverside area of Dublin that was a site of Viking settlement. The site is bounded on the north side by Wood Quay on the River Liffey, on the west by Winetavern Street, on the south by John's Lane and on the ea…
Booterstown,(Irish: Baile an Bhóthair, meaning "town of the road"), is a coastal townland and civil parish, situated in the Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, about 7 km (4.3 mi) south of the city of Dublin in Ireland.
Vicar Street is a concert, performing arts centre and events venue in Dublin, Ireland. Located on Thomas Street, Dublin 8, Vicar Street has capacity for 1,050 people for seated performances and 1,500 people for standing gigs. The venue is owned by H…
Swords Castle was built as the manorial residence of the first Anglo-Norman Archbishop of Dublin, John Comyn, around 1200 or a little later in Swords, just north of Dublin. The castle was never strong in the military sense, but is unusual in that th…
Stephen's Green Shopping Centre is a large indoor shopping centre located at the top of Grafton Street in the Southside of Dublin City. It is named after St.
St. Vincent's Hospital (Gaeilge:Ospidéal Ollscoile Naomh Uinseann ) is a teaching hospital located at Elm Park, south of the city of Dublin, Ireland.
The Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (RCPI), (Irish: Coláiste Ríoga Lianna na hÉireann) was founded in 1654 and is a postgraduate medical organisation comprising Members and Fellows.
The Red Cow interchange is a major road junction in west Dublin, Ireland on the M50, meeting the N7 Naas Road (to Cork and Limerick) at a free-flow grade separated junction which incorporates a light railway line. The N7 route commences at this junc…
The National Concert Hall (NCH) (Irish: An Ceoláras Náisiúnta) is a concert hall located on Earlsfort Terrace in Dublin, Ireland, close to St.
The Forty Foot is a promontory on the southern tip of Dublin Bay at Sandycove, County Dublin, Ireland, from which people have been swimming in the Irish Sea all year round for some 250 years.
Dalkey Island (Irish: Deilginis meaning "thorny island") is an uninhabited island about 16 km (10 mi) south of Dublin, near the village of Dalkey, 3 km (2 mi) south of Dún Laoghaire harbour.
The Carlisle Grounds is a football stadium in Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland. Situated directly behind the Bray D.A.R.T. station, it is home to Bray Wanderers A.F.C.
Boland's Mill is located on the Grand Canal Dock in Dublin, Ireland on Ringsend Road between the inner basin of Grand Canal Dock and Barrow Street. Contrary to popular belief, this was not the location of the headquarters of the 3d Battalion of Iris…
Baggot Street (Irish: Sráid Bhagóid) is a street in Dublin, Ireland. It is named after Baggotrath, the manor granted to Robert Bagod in the 13th century.
Ashtown Castle (Irish Caisleán Bhaile an Ásaighis) a fortified house in the Phoenix Park in Dublin.
Talbot Street (Irish: Sráid Thalbóid) is a city-centre street located on Dublin's Northside and is one of the principal shopping streets of Dublin, running from Connolly station and the IFSC at Amiens Street in the east to Marlborough Street in the …
St. Audoen's Church is the church of the parish of St. Audoen in the Church of Ireland, located south of the River Liffey at Cornmarket in Dublin, Ireland. This was close to the centre of the medieval city. The parish is in the Diocese of Dublin and…
St Ita's Hospital, Portrane, formerly Portrane Asylum is a long stay facility for those with intellectual disabilities and those with long term mental illnesses. It is currently being scaled back in operations with planned mixed use development.
Page 13 of 41