The Nelson Pillar, known locally as Nelson's Pillar or simply The Pillar, was a large granite pillar topped by a statue of Horatio Nelson in the middle of O'Connell Street (formerly Sackville Street) in Dublin. It was built in 1808–1809, and was among the first and grandest monuments erected in memory of Nelson in the then United Kingdom. It survived until March 1966, when it was destroyed by a bomb planted by Irish republicans.
Latitude: 53° 20' 35.40" N
Longitude: -6° 15' 22.20" W
Nearest city to this article: Dublin Read about Nelson's Pillar in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Nelson's Pillar in Google Maps