Ashford (Irish: Áth na Fuinseoige), historically known as Ballymacahara (Irish: Baile Mhic Aodha Charraigh), is a village in County Wicklow, Ireland. It lies on the River Vartry and at the meeting of the R772, R763 and R764 regional roads.
Latitude and longitude of Arklow
Arklow (from Old Norse Arnkell-lág, meaning "meadow of Arnkell", Irish: An tInbhear Mór, meaning "the great estuary") is a town in County Wicklow on the east coast of Ireland. Founded by the Vikings in the ninth century, Arklow was the site of one of the bloodiest battles of the 1798 rebellion.
Latitude: 52° 47' 35.02" N
Longitude: -6° 08' 29.00" W
Articles of interest in Arklow
17 Articles of interest near Arklow, IrelandShow all articles in the map
Avondale House, in Avondale, County Wicklow, Ireland, is the birthplace and home of Charles Stewart Parnell (1846–1891) one of the leading political leaders in Irish history. It is set in the Avondale Forest Park in over 2 km² (500 acres) of land, a…
Brittas Bay (Irish: Cuan an Bhriotáis) in County Wicklow, Ireland is a 4 km stretch of beach on the Irish Sea coast. The beach is accessed from the R750 regional road which runs parallel to the beach, separated from it by extensive areas of sand dun…
Tara Hill (Torrchoill in Irish) is an isolated hill near the Irish Sea coast in north County Wexford, Ireland. Though only 253 metres high (833 feet), it dominates the landscape of northeast Wexford.
Gorey railway station (Irish: Stáisiún Ghuaire) is in County Wexford, Ireland.
Croghan Kinsella (Irish: Cruachán Uí Chinnsealaigh, meaning "little stack of the Kinsella family", is a mountain in the Wicklow Mountains, on the Wicklow/Wexford border; The term "Croghan," proper, is a distinct, older term, and name, meaning "Red-S…
Carrick Mountain is located in the eastern foothills of the Wicklow Mountains in the Ireland. Historically it was called Carrigmurrely (1756) and Carrickmacreily (1795). It rises directly above the village of Glenealy on the R752, midway between Rat…
Monaseed (Irish: Móin Na Saighead - meaning the boggy place of flint arrows) is a hamlet in North co Wexford. The tiny village centre comprises a Primary National School which was established in 1913, a Catholic church, a Community Hall and some bea…
Hollyfort (Irish: Ráth an Chuilinn, meaning "ringfort of the holly") is a village in north County Wexford, Ireland. It lies within the townland of Mongan (Irish: an Mongán, meaning "the little swamp") in the valley of the River Bann, 5 km northwest …
Glenealy (Irish: Gleann Fhaídhle) is a village 8 km (5.0 mi) west of Wicklow Town, in County Wicklow, on the R752. The Dublin - Rosslare railway line also passes through the village.
"Arklow Hill" (local name unknown) dominates the town of Arklow to the south and is situated in the southeastern section of the Wicklow Mountains, just 2 km from the Irish Sea coast.
Annagh Hill (Irish: An tEannach) is in north County Wexford, Ireland. It is separated from Croghan Mountain to the north by the "Wicklow Gap", not to be confused with the Wicklow Gap in County Wicklow.
Scarnagh is a hamlet in Ireland, located in North County Wexford, 4 miles from the sea, on the R772 regional road near the east coast from Dublin to Wexford. The area is very scenic and enjoys good communications, village shop and fishing.
The R752 road is a regional road in County Wicklow, Ireland.
The R750 road is a regional road in County Wicklow, Ireland.
The R747 road is a regional road in Ireland running north-west/south-east from the M9 near Ballitore in County Kildare to Arklow in County Wicklow, a distance of 66 km (41 mi).
Aughrim, County Ground is a GAA stadium in Aughrim, County Wicklow, Ireland. Aughrim, County Ground is the name of the home of Gaelic Games for County Wicklow (Gaelic football, Hurling, Camogie, Ladies Football) team. The ground has a capacity of ab…