The German Archaeological Institute at Athens (German: Deutsches Archäologisches Institut (DAI), Abteilung Athen; Greek: Γερμανικό Αρχαιολογικό Ινστιτούτο Αθηνών) is one of the 17 foreign archaeological institutes operating in Athens, Greece.
Articles near the latitude and longitude of Nikaia
Nicaea or Nicea (/naɪˈsiːə/; Greek: Νίκαια, Turkish: İznik) was an ancient city in northwestern Anatolia, and is primarily known as the site of the First and Second Councils of Nicaea (the first and seventh Ecumenical councils in the early history of the Christian Church), the Nicene Creed (which comes from the First Council), and as the capital city of the Empire of Nicaea following the Fourth Crusade in 1204, until the recapture of Constantinople by the Byzantines in 1261.
Latitude: 37° 58' 0.01" N
Longitude: 23° 38' 60.00" E
Articles of interest in Nikaia
252 Articles of interest near Nikaia, GreeceShow all articles in the map
Aegaleo (Greek Αιγάλεω, or Ποικίλον Όρος Aigáleo, Latin Aegaleus), also Aigaleo and Egaleo, is a mountain in Greece. It is situated west of Athens, southeast of Eleusis, east of the island of Salamis and northwest of Piraeus. Most of the mountain is…
Argyroupoli (Greek: Αργυρούπολη) is a suburb in the southern part of the Athens agglomeration, Greece.
The Sanctuary of Pandion is the name sometimes given to the remains of a building located in the south-east corner of the Acropolis of Athens.
Petralona is a neighborhood of Athens, Greece located between Thiseio and Kallithea. Athenians refer to Petralona either as Ano (upper) Petralona or Kato (Lower) Petralona, where Ano Petralona is the area between the Philopappos Hill and the railway…
Patission Street (Greek: Οδός Πατησίων) is one of the major streets in central Athens, Greece.
Nea Erythraia (Greek: Νέα Ερυθραία) is a suburb in the northeastern part of the Athens agglomeration, Greece.
The Hellinikon Olympic Indoor Arena is a multi-use sports indoor arena that is located in Ellinikon, Athens, Greece. It is a part of the Hellinikon Olympic Complex, and it is located adjacent to the Hellinikon Fencing Hall. It is approximately 10 mi…
Glyka Nera (Greek: Γλυκά Νερά meaning "sweet waters"), is a rapidly growing suburb in the northeastern part of Athens, Greece.
The Galatsi Olympic Hall is a mult-use indoor arena that is located in Galatsi, Athens, Greece. It was the site of table tennis and rhythmic gymnastics at the 2004 Summer Olympics.
Fyli (Greek: Φυλή) is a town and a municipality in the northwestern part of Attica, Greece. It lies in the northeastern corner of the West Attica regional unit, and is a suburb of Athens.
Athens Towers (Greek: Πύργος Αθηνών), is a complex of two buildings situated in Athens, Greece.
The Agios Eleftherios church, also known as Mikri Mitropoli ("little metropolitan church") or Panagia Gorgoepikoos is a Byzantine-era church located at the Mitropolis square, next to the Metropolitan Cathedral of Athens (Megali Mitropoli).
Voukourestiou Street (Greek: Οδός Βουκουρεστίου, Odos Voukourestiou) named after the Treaty of Bucharest, which in 1913 ended the second Balkan War, is a rather narrow street in the Kolonaki district of Athens known for its high-end boutiques. Start…
Tatoi Airport (ICAO: LGTT) is an airport located north of Athens, in Decelea. It started operating in 1918 and now it has a single runway of 1764m (without counting the 347m. threshold).
Monastiraki (English: Monastery) station is an interchange station on the Athens Metro, between Lines 1 and 3. The original surface station of Line 1 opened in May 17, 1895. It became an interchange point of the network when the underground station …
Melissia (Greek: Μελίσσια) is a suburb in the northeastern part of the Athens agglomeration, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Penteli, of which it is the seat and a municipal unit. Melissia is situated at…
The Hellenic Air Force Museum was founded in 1986 and since 1992 it is located on the Decelea Airfield. In opposition to the War Museum of Athens it displays air force history and is active in restoring and presenting old aircraft.