The Court of Cassation (Greek: Άρειος Πάγος, Areopagus, i.e. the "Stone, or Hill, of Ares") is the supreme court of Greece for civil and criminal law. The Court of Cassation's decisions are irrevocable. However, Greece being a member state of the Co…
Articles near the latitude and longitude of Nikaia
Nicaea or Nicea (/naɪˈsiːə/; Greek: Νίκαια, Turkish: İznik) was an ancient city in northwestern Anatolia, and is primarily known as the site of the First and Second Councils of Nicaea (the first and seventh Ecumenical councils in the early history of the Christian Church), the Nicene Creed (which comes from the First Council), and as the capital city of the Empire of Nicaea following the Fourth Crusade in 1204, until the recapture of Constantinople by the Byzantines in 1261.
Latitude: 37° 58' 0.01" N
Longitude: 23° 38' 60.00" E
Articles of interest in Nikaia
252 Articles of interest near Nikaia, GreeceShow all articles in the map
The Old Parliament building (Greek: Παλαιά Βουλή, Paleá Voulí) at Stadiou Street in Athens, housed the Greek Parliament between 1875 and 1932. It now houses the country's National Historical Museum.
The Numismatic Museum in Athens (Greek: Νομισματικό Μουσείο) is one of the most important museums of Greece and houses one of the greatest collections of coins, ancient and modern, in the world.
Nikos Goumas (Greek: Νίκος Γκούμας ) was a multi-purpose stadium in Nea Filadelfeia, a northwestern suburb of Athens, Greece.
Salamis Bay (Greek: Όρμος Σαλαμίνος) is a bay on the west coast of Salamis Island, Greece. It connects with the Saronic Gulf to the west. Its maximum length is approximately 9 km from northeast to west. Cape Petriti forms its southwestern end. The m…
The Pedion tou Areos or Pedion Areos (Greek: Πεδίον του Άρεως or Πεδίον Άρεως, pronounced [peˈðion tu ˈareos], meaning Field of Ares, corresponding to the French Champ de Mars and the ancient Campus Martius) is one of the largest public parks in Ath…
The Evelpidon Military Academy (Greek: Στρατιωτική Σχολή Ευελπίδων, lit. "Military School for Aspirant [Officers]", "SSE") is the Officer cadet school of the Greek Army and the oldest tertiary level educational institution in Greece.
The Agricultural University of Athens (AUA) (Greek: Γεωπονικό Πανεπιστήμιο Αθηνών) is the third oldest university in Greece.
Sepolia is a neighborhood north of the centre of Athens, Greece. The Sepolia metro station is situated in the neighborhood. Sepolia owes to its name in the Greek word exopolia that means outside the city. Sepolia was a remote settlement until the la…
The Neo Phaliron Velodrome (New Phaleron) was a velodrome and sports arena in Athens, Greece, used for the cycling events at the 1896 Summer Olympics, which was later to be the old Karaiskakis stadium and later the newer Karaiskakis Stadium.
The National Art Gallery and Alexander Soutzos Museum (Greek: Εθνική Πινακοθήκη, Ethniki Pinakothiki) is an art museum in Athens devoted to Greek and European art from the 14th century to the 20th century.
Kypseli (Greek: Κυψέλη) is a neighbourhood which forms much of the 6th municipal department in the centre of Athens, the capital of Greece.
Hadrian's Library was created by Roman Emperor Hadrian in AD 132 on the north side of the Acropolis of Athens.
The Nicholas P. Goulandris Foundation - Museum of Cycladic Art is one of the great museums of Athens.
The Church of Panagia Kapnikarea (Greek: Εκκλησία της Παναγίας Καπνικαρέας) or just Kapnikarea (Greek: Καπνικαρέα) is a Greek Orthodox church and one of the oldest churches in Athens.
Athens College (Κολλέγιον Αθηνών) is a co-educational private preparatory school in Psychiko, Greece, a suburb of Athens, part of the Hellenic-American Educational Foundation (Ελληνοαμερικανικό Εκπαιδευτικό Ίδρυμα) which also includes Psychiko Colle…
The Mall Athens is a shopping mall in Athens, Greece. It was the first of the kind to be constructed in Greece and one of the largest shopping and leisure centres in Southeastern Europe. The Mall Athens is located close to the Athens Olympic Stadium…
The Temple of Aphrodite Urania (Greek:"Αφροδίτη Ουρανία") is a temple located north-west of the Ancient Agora of Athens and dedicated to the Greek goddess Aphrodite under her epithet Urania.