Asmara (Tigrinya: ኣስመራ?, Asmera), known locally as Asmera (meaning "The four (feminine plural) made them unite" in Tigrinya), is the capital city and largest settlement in Eritrea. Home to a population of around 649,000 inhabitants, it sits at an el…
Latitude and longitude of Asmara
Asmara was the capital of Italian Eritrea in the first half of the XX century. It was called Asmara italiana in Italian language and the inhabitants were called Asmarini.
Latitude: 15° 20' 16.98" N
Longitude: 38° 55' 54.62" E
Articles of interest in Asmara
12 Articles of interest near Asmara, EritreaShow all articles in the map
Asmara International Airport, formerly known as Yohannes IV International Airport (IATA: ASM, ICAO: HHAS), is an airport in Asmara, the capital of Eritrea.
The Fiat Tagliero Building in Asmara, capital city of Eritrea, is a Futurist-style service station completed in 1938 and designed by the Italian architect Giuseppe Pettazzi.
The Maekel Region (alternate spelling Maakel), known as the Regione Centrale in Italian, is one of the six regions of Eritrea.
St. Joseph's Cathedral is a large Romanesque style cathedral in the centre of the city of Asmara, Eritrea. It was built in 1922 by the colonial authorities in Italian Eritrea. The edifice was constructed in the Lombard Romanesque style, and is now t…
Hamasien (Ge'ez ሓማሴን) was a historical province including and surrounding Asmara, part of modern Eritrea.
The Asmara-Massawa Cableway was a cableway built in Italian Eritrea before World War II.
Ghinda is a town in the Northern Red Sea region of Eritrea.
Cicero Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Asmara, Eritrea.
Debre Bizen is the best-known monastery of the Eritrean Orthodox Tewahdo Church. Located at the top of Debre Bizen the mountain (825 meters) near the town of Nefasit in Eritrea.
Nefasit (Tigrinya: ነፋሲት? IPA: [nɐfasit]), also known as Tappa Nefasit, is a small town in the Northern Red Sea Region of Eritrea.
Dairo Paulos (alternatively Da'iro P'awlos or Dahro Caulos) is a village on the outskirts of Asmara, Eritrea. The name means "Fig of Paul" and is reported to refer to a characteristic tree of the area and a founder of the village.