The Gasometers in Vienna are four former gas tanks, each of 90,000 m³ storage capacity, built as part of the Vienna municipal gas works Gaswerk Simmering in 1896–1899. They are located in the 11th district, Simmering. They were used from 1899 to 1984 as gas storage tanks. After the changeover from town gas to natural gas between 1969 and 1978, they were no longer used and were shut down. Only the brick exterior front walls were preserved.
Latitude: 48° 11' 6.00" N
Longitude: 16° 25' 12.00" E
Nearest city to this article: Vienna Read about Gasometer, Vienna in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Gasometer, Vienna in Google Maps