Latitude and longitude of Fort Christian
Fort Christian is a Danish-built fort in Charlotte Amalie, Saint Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. Governor Jørgen Iversen Dyppel led the second expeditionary force from Denmark to St. Thomas, where he arrived on 25 May 1672; there, he initiated construction of Fort Christian, named after King Christian V. In the 18th century, the fort was expanded and in 1874 a new entrance with a Victorian Clock tower was added. As the oldest standing structure in the U.S. Virgin Islands, this fort has served as a town center, a government building, and a jail. It currently holds the St. Thomas Museum. This museum holds artifacts and art of the Danish period.
Latitude: 18° 20' 16.20" N
Longitude: -64° 55' 28.19" W
Nearest city to this article: Charlotte Amalie Read about Fort Christian in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Fort Christian in Google Maps