Latitude and longitude of Gulf of Paria

Satellite map of Gulf of Paria

The Gulf of Paria (Spanish: Golfo de Paria) is a 7,800 km2 (3,000 sq mi) shallow (37m at its deepest) semi-enclosed inland sea located between the island of Trinidad (Republic of Trinidad and Tobago) and the east coast of Venezuela. It separates the two countries with as little as 15kms separating them at its narrowest and 120kms at its widest points.The tides within the Gulf are semi-diurnal in nature with a range of approximately 1m. The Gulf of Paria is considered to be one of the best natural harbours on the Atlantic coast of the Americas. The jurisdiction of the Gulf of Paria is split between Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela with Trinidad and Tobago having control over approximately 2,940 km2 (1,140 sq mi)(37.7%) and Venezuela the remainder(62.3%).

Latitude: 10° 22' 59.99" N
Longitude: -62° 20' 59.99" W

Nearest city to this article: Güiria

Read about Gulf of Paria in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Gulf of Paria in Google Maps

GPS coordinates of Gulf of Paria, Venezuela

Download as JSON