Latitude and longitude of Champ de Mars Racecourse
- In Mauritius
The Champ de Mars Racecourse is a thoroughbred horse race track in Port Louis, Mauritius. The Racecourse was inaugurated on 25 June 1812, by The Mauritius Turf Club (MTC) which was founded earlier in the same year by Sir Robert Townsend Farquhar, who was the first British Governor of Mauritius. The Mauritius Turf Club is the oldest horse-racing club in the Southern Hemisphere and the second oldest in the world. The race track follows a very selective right hand oval path and is relatively small in size, with a circumference of 1,298 meters (4,258.5 ft) and width between 12 and 14 meters (39 and 46 feet). The home-straight extends uphill and is 225 meters (738 ft) long. When Mauritius gained independence on 12 March 1968, the event including the flag hoisting ceremony was held here.
Latitude: -20° 10' 6.00" S
Longitude: 57° 30' 20.99" E
Nearest city to this article: Port Louis Read about Champ de Mars Racecourse in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Champ de Mars Racecourse in Google Maps