The Wardija Tower is one of thirteen towers that Grand Master Martin de Redin of the Knights of Malta had built along the coasts of Malta. The tower is between Zurrieq and Hal Far; the nearest tower to it is the Hamrija Tower to the south-east. The …
Articles in Malta ( 143 )
143 Articles of interest in Malta
The Westin Dragonara Hotel is a hotel in Paceville, Malta.
St Philip's Hospital was a 100-bedded capacity hospital located in Santa Venera.
The Spencer Monument is a restored obelisk monument on the way to Valletta, in Blata l-Bajda, Malta, erected for Captain The Honorable Robert Cavendish Spencer, a cousin of the Governor of Malta, Sir Frederick Cavendish Ponsonby (1783-1837), and gre…
The Basilica of Our Lady of Victories is the parish church of Senglea, Malta.
Mamo Tower is a fortified residence in Marsaskala, Malta.
Madliena Tower is a fortification on the island of Malta built by the Knights of Malta.
A list on windmills in Malta, including those on Gozo.
Fort Tas-Silġ is a polygonal fort in Marsaxlokk, Malta. It was built in 1878 by the British on high ground at the shoreward end of Delimara Point, above il-Ħofra-ż-Żgħira.
This is a list of the extreme points of the Malta: the points that are farther north, south, east or west than any other location.
Armier Bay (in Maltese: Bajjet l-Armier), is situated in the locality of Mellieħa, Malta. The Armier Bay consists of two beaches, the biggest beach is known as Armier and the other one as Little Armier. The sea of this bay is a crystal blue, like th…
The Chapel of the Annunciation is a Medieval Roman Catholic church located in Hal-Millieri, limits of Zurrieq, Malta.
The Church of St Catherine (Malti: Il-Knisja Arcipretali ta' Santa Katerina) is a Roman Catholic parish church that serves the village of Zurrieq.
Ta' Giorni is one of the subdivisions (informal districts) of St.
St. John's Square (Maltese: Pjazza San Ġwann, or Misraħ San Ġwann) is found in front of St John's Co-Cathedral in Valletta, the capital of Malta.
The Sorelle Rocks (also called the Sorelle Reef and the Sorelli Rocks) are two submerged rocks approximately 11 miles (18 km) west of Galita Island near Malta, at approximately (37°24′N8°36′E).
Marsaxlokk Ground is a football pitch in Marsaxlokk, a traditional fishing village located in the south-eastern part of Malta. The ground is used mostly for football matches and is the home stadium of Marsaxlokk Football Club.
Le Meridien St. Julian's Hotel & Spa is one of the 5 star hotels located on the Maltese Islands. The Hotel was built in 2006, on the grounds of a 19th-century Villa.
Flarestar Observatory is an astronomical observatory owned and operated by International Astronomical Union (IAU). It is located near San Gwann on the island country of Malta, at (35°54′40″N014°28′15″E).
Della Grazie Battery is an artillery battery in Xgħajra, Malta. It as built by the British between 1888 and 1893. The battery stands above the shore to the east of Grand Harbour, between Fort St. Rocco and Fort St. Leonardo.
The Brochtorff Circle at Xagħra, one of possibly two stone circles at Xagħra, but also more simply known without distinction, as the Xagħra Stone Circle, is an underground Neolithic burial complex, situated in Xagħra on the Maltese island of Gozo.
Ġebel San Pietru is a hill in Malta, located on the Għargħur Hill, with an altitude of 150 metres (492 ft). Near this point you can find a beautiful walk, which foreign people call it Top of The World, while locals call it l-anċirietka.
The Sacred Heart of Jesus Church is in Fontana, Gozo Island, part of the Maltese Archipelago.
The Royal Malta Yacht Club (RMYC) is a yacht club in the island of Malta.
Maltese International Trade Fair Grounds are located in the heart of Malta in a town called Naxxar. The Trade Fair grounds host countless exhibitions and trade fairs throughout the year that cover a wide variety of subjects from travel to weddings t…
Wignacourt Tower, also known as Saint Paul's Bay Tower, is a bastioned watchtower in St. Paul's Bay, Malta.
Fort Saint Rocco, also known as Fort Saint Roca on some maps, is a polygonal fort in Kalkara, Malta. It stands east of the Rinella Battery and seaward of the village of Santu Rokku, and forms part of the complex of shore batteries defending the coas…
Our Lady of Victories Church was the first building completed in Valletta. The body of Jean Parisot de la Valette was entombed in the church until St.
The Church of St Catherine is a Roman Catholic Parish church located in the village of Zejtun, Malta.
Saint Mary's Tower is a large bastioned watchtower on the island of Comino in Malta. It was built in 1618, the fifth of six Wignacourt towers.
Saint Agatha's Tower is a Lascaris tower built in 1649 in Mellieħa, Malta. Although it was built during the Grandmastership of Giovanni Paolo Lascaris, it is sometimes considered as one of the Wignacourt towers since its design is similar to those t…
Saint Thomas Tower (Maltese: Torri ta' San Tumas), also known as Fort Saint Thomas (Maltese: Forti San Tumas), is a large bastioned watchtower in Marsaskala, Malta. It was built in 1614, the third of six Wignacourt towers. An artillery battery was a…
Fort San Lucian, also known as Saint Lucian Tower or Fort Rohan, is a large bastioned watchtower and polygonal fort in Marsaxlokk, Malta. The original tower was built by the Order of Saint John between 1610 and 1611, being the second of six Wignacou…
Għar ix-Xiħ (English: Cave of the Old Man or Cave of the Sheikh) is a former cave found near Mġarr ix-Xini, Gozo, Malta.