Paynes Town is a settlement in Jamaica.
Articles in Jamaica ( 334 )
334 Articles of interest in Jamaica
Oxford Cave is a cave in Manchester Parish in west-central Jamaica. It is 765 metres long and at 290 metres altitude. The cave entrance is close by a main road and because of its accessibility has suffered much graffiti, vandalism and litter.
The Otram River (formerly the Port Maria River) is a river in St Mary, Jamaica.
The One-Eye River is a river in the parishes of Manchester and St Elizabeth in Jamaica.
The New Savannah River is a river of Jamaica.
New Broughton Sunset Correctional Centre, also known as the Old Man's Prison, was built in 1916 and rebuilt in 2005 following severe damage by Hurricane Ivan the previous year.
Neville Sylvester Neil (17 March 1917 - 22 May 2009) was a bishop of the Moravian Church in Jamaica.
Mouth Maze Cave is a large, labyrinthine river cave in Trelawny, Jamaica. It is the only exit of the Mouth River from a small valley which, during intense rainfall, becomes flooded as the flow backs up.
At 186 metres (610 ft), Morgans Pond Hole in Manchester Parish, Jamaica is the second deepest known cave in the island.
Montpelier railway station opened in 1895 and closed in 1992. It served the village of Montpelier on the Kingston to Montego Bay line and was 103 miles (166 km) from the Kingston terminus.
The Montego River is a river of Jamaica.
The Milk River is a river of Jamaica.
The Lucea West River is a river of Jamaica that borders the town of Lucea.
Built by the Engineering Department of the Port Authority of Jamaica, Lover’s Leap Lighthouse is Jamaica's most recent. It is a 100 feet (30 m) tall cylindrical steel(?) tower with lantern and octagonal gallery.
Long Mile Cave, sometimes known locally as Pick'ny Mama Cave or Hell's Gate Cave, is a palaeontological and palaeoanthropological site in the Cockpit Country of north-western Jamaica.
Lazaretto Cairn Lighthouse guides vessels westward on their approach to Kingston Harbour. It appears to be a historic daybeacon converted to a lighted aid. It is located on a bluff on the west side of the harbour entrance, opposite Port Royal.
Jackson's Bay Cave is a very large cave system on the Portland Ridge in Clarendon near the south coast of Jamaica. It is considered to be one of the most beautiful in the Caribbean. It was discovered in 1964 since when over 10 kilometres of caves ha…
The Hope River (Jamaica) is a river of Jamaica.
Holland Bamboo is a settlement in Saint Elizabeth Parish in Jamaica.
The Guava River rises just north of the Grand Ridge of the Blue Mountains on the border of Portland Parish in Jamaica.
Gregory Park railway station opened in 1845 and closed in 1992. It served the Gregory Park sugar estate on the Kingston to Montego Bay line, 6.5 miles (10.5 km) from the Kingston terminus.
Galina Lighthouse is a strongly tapered white concrete tower 13 metres (43 ft) high with no lantern. A solar-powered lens is mounted on a small platform at the top. It shows a white light flashing once every twelve seconds for a duration of 1.2 seco…
Frankfield railway station was the terminus of a 21 mile railway branch line from May Pen serving the eponymous market town, 55.25 miles (88.92 km) from the Kingston terminus. It opened in 1925 with the completion of the final 9¼ mile extension on t…
Built in 1888, Folly Lighthouse is a brick tower with lantern and gallery. It flashes a white light every 10 seconds is visible for 13 miles (21 km). It is solar powered.
Cotterwood is a town in Saint Elizabeth Parish, Jamaica.
Coffee River Cave is a large river cave in Manchester Parish in west-central Jamaica.
The Cave River is a river of Jamaica.
The Cane River rises at twin sources in the vicinity of Derby Peak in eastern Saint Andrew Parish, Jamaica from where it flows south to the Caribbean Sea.
The Buff Bay River is a river of Jamaica.
Bodles is a locality in southern Jamaica.
The Back River (Jamaica) is a river of Jamaica.
The Annotto River is a river of Jamaica.
Anchovy railway station opened in c1894 and closed in 1992. It served the small town of Anchovy, Jamaica on the Kingston to Montego Bay line and was 105.75 miles (170.19 km) from the Kingston terminus.
Albany railway station opened in 1896, closed in 1975, reopened in 1977 and closed for good in 1978. It was on the Bog Walk to Port Antonio branch line, 42.5 miles (68.4 km) from the Kingston terminus, and served the surrounding agricultural communi…
The Stony River (Jamaica) rises just north of Coopers Hill in Saint Catherine Parish, Jamaica.
Saint Jago Women's Centre has been closed, making Fort Augusta the only women's prison on the island.