Latitude and longitude of Academy Bay
- In Ecuador
Academy Bay (Spanish: Bahía de la Academia) is the natural harbor of Santa Cruz Island in the Galápagos Islands archipelago. The bay was named for the California Academy of Sciences, which sent an expedition here in 1905. It is home to the Charles Darwin Research Station, founded in 1959 to preserve and study the Galapagos wildlife. It was here that the crew of the Norwegian ship Alexandra was rescued from in 1906. Popular with sailors and tourists, Academy Bay is bordered by the town of Puerto Ayora, the largest town in the Galápagos. Seals play at the mouth of the bay, and lava flows come up to the edge of the water, making for beautiful views.
Latitude: 0° 44' 59.99" N
Longitude: -90° 16' 60.00" W
Nearest city to this article: Puerto Ayora Read about Academy Bay in the Wikipedia Satellite map of Academy Bay in Google Maps