Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery is an American military cemetery located in St. Louis County, Missouri, just on the banks of the Mississippi River. The cemetery was established after the American Civil War in an attempt to put together a formal…
Articles near the latitude and longitude of St. Louis
St. Louis (/seɪnt ˈluːɪs/ or /sənt ˈluːɪs/) is a city and port in the U.S. state of Missouri. The city developed along the western bank of the Mississippi River, which forms Missouri's border with Illinois. In 2010, St. Louis had a population of 319,294; a 2014 estimate put the population at 317,419, making it the 60th-most populous U.S. city and the second-largest city in the state in terms of city proper population. The St. Louis metropolitan area includes the city as well as nearby areas in Missouri and Illinois; with an estimated population of 2,905,893, it is the largest in Missouri and one of the largest in the United States. St. Louis was founded in 1764 by Pierre Laclède and Auguste Chouteau and named after Louis IX of France. Claimed first by the French, who settled mostly east of the Mississippi River, the region in which the city stands was ceded to Spain following France's defeat in the Seven Years' War.
Latitude: 38° 37' 38.17" N
Longitude: -90° 11' 52.40" W
Articles of interest in St. Louis
509 Articles of interest near St. Louis, United StatesShow all articles in the map
Glen Carbon is a village in Madison County, Illinois, United States, 19 miles (31 km) northeast of St. Louis.
The Saint Louis Priory School, a Roman Catholic secondary day school for boys, is located on a sprawling 150 acres in suburban St. Louis, Missouri, within the Archdiocese of Saint Louis.
The Congressman William L. Clay Sr. Bridge, formerly known as the Bernard F. Dickmann Bridge and popularly as the Poplar Street Bridge, completed in 1967, is a 647-foot-long (197 m) deck girder bridge across the Mississippi River between St. Louis, …
Apotheosis of St. Louis is a statue of King Louis IX of France, namesake of St. Louis, Missouri, located in front of the Saint Louis Art Museum in Forest Park. Prior to the completion of the Gateway Arch, the statue was the principal symbol of the c…
Saint Louis University School of Law, also known as SLU LAW, is a private American law school located in St. Louis, Missouri. It is one of the professional graduate schools of Saint Louis University. Opened in 1843, it is the first law school west o…
Normandy is a city in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States.
This is a list of properties and historic districts on the National Register of Historic Places within the city limits of St. Louis, Missouri, north of Interstate 64 and west of Downtown St. Louis. For listings in Downtown St. Louis, see National Re…
Maplewood is an inner-ring suburb of St. Louis, located in St. Louis County.
Des Peres (French: Des Pères) is a city in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States.
Bloody Island was a sandbar or "towhead" (river island) in the Mississippi River, opposite St.
Troy is a city in Madison County, Illinois, United States.
Tower Grove Park is a municipal park in the City of St. Louis, Missouri. Most of its land was donated to the city by Henry Shaw in 1868. It is on 289 acres (1.17 km²) adjacent to the Missouri Botanical Garden, another of Shaw’s legacies. It extends …
Oakville is a census-designated place (CDP) in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States. The population was 36,143 at the 2010 census. Oakville is south of the city of St. Louis and borders the Mississippi and Meramec rivers; the area is part of "S…
Mehlville is a census-designated place (CDP) in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States, and an inner-ring suburb of St. Louis.
Carondelet /kəˈrɒndəlɛt/ is a neighborhood in the extreme southeastern portion of St. Louis, Missouri. It was incorporated as an independent city in 1851 and was annexed by the City of St.
Calverton Park is a city in St. Louis County, Missouri, United States.
Swansea is a village in St. Clair County, Illinois.