The Florence American Cemetery and Memorial is about 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) south of Florence, Italy, about two miles (3 km) south of the Florence-Impruneta exit of the Rome-Milan autoroute.
Greve in Chianti (the old name was Greve; in 1972 was renamed Greve in Chianti after the inclusion of that area in the Chianti wine district) is a town and comune (municipality) in the province of Florence, Tuscany, Italy.
Latitude: 43° 35' 6.50" N
Longitude: 11° 19' 1.63" E
Articles of interest in Greve in Chianti
177 Articles of interest near Greve in Chianti, ItalyShow all articles in the map
Casa Guidi is the fifteenth-century patrician house in Piazza San Felice, 8, near the south end of the Pitti Palace in Florence, in which the piano nobile apartment was inhabited by Robert and Elizabeth Barrett Browning between 1847 and Mrs Browning…
The Barbadori Chapel, later Capponi Chapel, is a chapel in the church of Santa Felicita in Florence, central Italy.
Teatro Verdi is a theatre in Florence, Italy. Established in 1854, it is located on Via Giuseppe Verdi on the block between Via Ghibellina and Via dei Lavatoi. The Teatro Verdi was originally called Teatro Pagliano, but was renamed in 1901 to honour…
San Pancrazio is a church in Florence, Italy, in Piazza San Pancrazio, behind Palazzo Rucellai. With the exception of the Rucellai Chapel, it is deconsecrated and is home to the museum dedicated to the sculptor Marino Marini. The Rucellai Chapel con…
San Martino del Vescovo is a parish church in central Florence, Italy. This church became the seat of the Compagnia dei Buonomini, begun by the Dominican friar St Antonino Pierozzi in 1442 and aided by the munificence of Cosimo de' Medici the Elder.
The Torre dei Mannelli is a small tower on the southeast corner of the Ponte Vecchio bridge in Florence, Italy. It is the only survivor of the four tower which once defended each corner of the bridge. In 1565, the Mannelli family refused to have it …
Santo Stefano al Ponte is a church in Florence, Italy.
San Salvi, also known as San Michele a San Salvi, is a church in Florence, Italy.
San Giovannino dei Cavalieri (Young St. John the Baptist of the Knights) previously named Church of San Giovanni Decollato (Decapitated St.
The Giardino dell'Iris is a botanical garden specializing in the cultivation of iris flowers, symbol of Florence since 1251. It is located on the corner of Viale dei Colli and Piazzale Michelangelo in Florence, Italy, and open daily without charge f…
The Fountain of Neptune (Italian: Fontana del Nettuno) is the name of several fountains in the world:
Caterina de' Medici (2 May 1593 – 17 April 1629) was Duchess of Mantua and Montferrat as the second wife of Duke Ferdinando and Governor of Siena from 1627. She was the second daughter of Grand Duke Ferdinando I of Tuscany and his wife Christina of …
The Biblioteca Riccardiana (Riccardian Library) is a library in Florence, Italy.
Via Camillo Cavour is one of the main roads of the northern area of the historic city centre of the Italian city of Florence. It was created in 1861 from two older streets, Via Larga and Via Leopoldo (as far as Piazza della Libertà, renamed Piazzale…
Sant'Andrea in Percussina is a frazione of San Casciano Val di Pesa in the province of Florence, Tuscany, Italy.
The church of San Giovannino degli Scolopi is a minor church in the center of Florence, located on Via Martelli corner with Via Gori.
The Chiesa di San Felice (Church of St Felix) is a church in Florence, Italy. It is located on the south bank of the River Arno, just west of the Pitti Palace.