San Giovanni dei Fiorentini, St John of the Florentines, is a church in the Ponte rione or district of Rome. Dedicated to St John the Baptist, the protector of Florence, the new church for the Florentine community in Rome was started in the 16th cen…
Articles near the latitude and longitude of Castel Gandolfo
Castel Gandolfo (Italian pronunciation: [kasˈtɛl ɡanˈdɔlfo] Latin: Castrum Gandulphi, colloquially Castello in the Castelli Romani dialects) is a town located 15 miles (24 kilometres) southeast of Rome in the Lazio region of Italy.
Latitude: 41° 44' 55.50" N
Longitude: 12° 38' 59.10" E
Articles of interest in Castel Gandolfo
587 Articles of interest near Castel Gandolfo, ItalyShow all articles in the map
The Palazzo Massimo alle Colonne is a Renaissance palace in Rome, Italy. The palace was designed by Baldassarre Peruzzi in 1532-1536 on a site of three contiguous palaces owned by the old Roman Massimo family and built after arson destroyed the earl…
The Palazzo Corsini is a prominent late-baroque palace in Rome, erected for the Corsini family between 1730-1740 as an elaboration of the prior building on the site, a 15th-century villa of the Riario family, based on designs of Ferdinando Fuga. It …
The Niccoline Chapel (Italian: Cappella Niccolina) is a chapel in the Apostolic Palace in Vatican City. It is especially notable for its fresco paintings by Fra Angelico (1447–1451) and his assistants, who may have executed much of the actual work.
The Fontana del Nettuno (Fountain of Neptune) is a fountain in Rome, Italy, located at the north end of the Piazza Navona.
The Circus of Maxentius (known until the 19th century as the Circus of Caracalla) is an ancient structure in Rome, Italy; it is part of a complex of buildings erected by emperor Maxentius on the Via Appia between AD 306 and 312. It is situated betwe…
The Antico Caffè Greco (sometimes simply referred to as Caffè Greco) is an historic landmark café which opened in 1760 on 86, Via dei Condotti in Rome, Italy.
The American University of Rome (commonly referred to as AUR) is a degree-granting American university in Rome, Italy. The school was founded in 1969, making it the oldest American degree-granting university in Rome.
The Umbilicus Urbis Romae (Classical Latin: [ʊmbɪˈliːkʊs ˈʊrbɪs ˈroːmaj])—"Navel of the City of Rome"—was the symbolic centre of the city from which, and to which, all distances in Ancient Rome were measured. It was situated in the Roman Forum where…
The Torre delle Milizie ("Tower of the Militia") is a fortified tower in Rome, Italy, located between the Trajan's Market in the Imperial fora to the east and the Pontifical University of Saint Thomas Aquinas, Angelicum to the west.
Santi Luca e Martina is a church in Rome, Italy, situated between the Roman Forum and the Forum of Caesar and close to the Arch of Septimus Severus.
Santa Francesca Romana, previously known as Santa Maria Nova, is a church in Rome, Italy, situated next to the Roman Forum in the rione Campitelli.
San Martino ai Monti (English: Saint Martin in the Mountains), officially known as Santi Silvestro e Martino ai Monti, is a minor basilica in Rome, Italy, in the Rione Monti neighbourhood.
San Lorenzo is a district (quartiere) in Rome, Italy.
The so-called Roman Castles (Castelli Romani in Italian) is a group of comunes in the province of Rome.
The Tomb of Caecilia Metella (Italian: Mausoleo di Cecilia Metella) is a mausoleum located just outside of Rome at the three mile marker of the Via Appia. It was built during the 1st century B.C to honor Caecilia Metella who was the daughter of Quin…
The Aniene River (in Latin: Anio; formerly called the Teverone) is a 99-kilometre (62 mi) river in Lazio, Italy. It originates in the mountains at Trevi nel Lazio and flows westward past Subiaco, Vicovaro, and Tivoli into the Tiber.
Tre Fontane Abbey (English: Three Fountains Abbey; Latin: Abbatia trium fontium ad Aquas Salvias), or the Abbey of Saints Vincent and Anastasius, is a Roman Catholic abbey in Rome, currently held by the Trappist Fathers of the Cistercian Order. It i…