Articles of interest in Drumcondra
Ballyfermot (Irish: Baile Formaid) is a suburb in the city of Dublin, Ireland. Located seven kilometres west of the city centre, south of the Phoenix Park, it is bordered on the north by Chapelizod, on the south by Walkinstown, on the east by Inchic…
The following is a list of stadiums used by the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA).
The Honorable Society of King's Inns (HSKI) is the institution which controls the entry of barristers-at-law into the justice system of Ireland. The full title retains the historical spelling variant "honorable" in preference to the contemporary Iri…
The James Joyce Tower and Museum is a Martello tower in Sandycove, Dublin, where James Joyce spent six nights (September 9–14) in 1904. Admission is free.
Inchicore (Irish: Inse Chór: Island of Sheep) is a suburb of Dublin, the capital of Ireland.
Rathgar (Irish: Ráth Garbh, meaning "rough ringfort"), originally a village, from 1862 part of the township Rathmines and Rathgar, became 1930 a suburb of Dublin, Ireland.
The Mansion House (Irish: Teach an Ard-Mhéara) on Dawson Street, Dublin, has been the official residence of the Lord Mayor of Dublin since 1715.
The Garden of Remembrance (Irish: An Gairdín Cuimhneacháin) is a memorial garden in Dublin dedicated to the memory of "all those who gave their lives in the cause of Irish Freedom". It is located in the northern fifth of the former Rotunda Gardens i…
Dundrum (Irish: Dún Droma, the ridge fort), originally a town in its own right, is now a suburb of Dublin in Dún Laoghaire–Rathdown, Ireland.
Arbour Hill Prison is a prison and military cemetery located in the Arbour Hill area near Heuston Station in the centre of Dublin, Ireland.
Santry (Irish: Seantrabh, meaning "Old tribe") is a suburb on the northside of Dublin, Ireland, bordering Coolock, Glasnevin, Kilmore and Ballymun.
Poolbeg Generating Station (Irish: Cumhachtstáisiún an Phoill Bhig) is a power station owned and operated by the Electricity Supply Board of Ireland (ESB). There are two stations on the site, the older thermal station containing units 1, 2, and 3 an…
The Irish National War Memorial Gardens (Irish: Gairdíní Náisiúnta Cuimhneacháin Cogaidh na hÉireann) is an Irish war memorial in Islandbridge, Dublin, dedicated "to the memory of the 49,400 Irish soldiers who gave their lives in the Great War, 1914…
Howth Castle lies close to the village of Howth, Fingal County in Ireland. It is the ancestral home of the line of the St Lawrence family (see: Earl of Howth) that died out in 1909. From 1425 to 1767 the title had been Lord Howth, holding the area s…
Grangegorman (Irish: Gráinseach Ghormáin) is a suburb of Dublin, Ireland, situated on the Northside of the city, in the administrative area of Dublin City Council. It is also a civil parish in the historical barony of Dublin. It is best known as the…
The Convention Centre Dublin (CCD) in the Dublin Docklands was opened in September 2010. The Convention centre overlooks the River Liffey at Spencer Dock. It was designed by the American-Irish architect Kevin Roche.
College Green (Irish: Faiche an Choláiste) is a three-sided plaza in the centre of Dublin. On its northern side is a building known today as the Bank of Ireland which until 1800 was Ireland's Parliament House. To its east stands Trinity College Dubl…
The Casino at Marino, located in Marino, Dublin, Ireland was designed by Scottish architect Sir William Chambers for James Caulfeild, the 1st Earl of Charlemont, starting in the late 1750s and finishing around 1775. It is a small and perfect example…
Page 6 of 40