Articles of interest in Néa Smýrni
The Stoa of Zeus (Eleutherios) at Athens, was a two-aisled stoa located in the northwest corner of the Ancient Agora of Athens. It was built c. 425 BC–410 BC for religious purposes in dedication to Zeus by the Eleutherios ("pertaining to freedom"): …
Panepistimiou Street (Greek: Οδός Πανεπιστημίου, "University Street";named after the University of Athens the central building of which is on the upper corner) is a major street in Athens that runs one way for non-transit vehicles since 2002 from Am…
The Faliro Coastal Zone Olympic Sports Complex is a complex in the coastal zone of Athens, Greece. It consists of two indoor arenas and a beach volleyball stadium, and it hosted Handball, Taekwondo, and volleyball events at the 2004 Summer Olympics.…
The Bay of Zea, since Ottoman times and until recently known as Paşalimanı (Πασαλιμάνι), is a broad bay located at the eastern coast of the Piraeus peninsula in Greece. It hosted the swimming events at the 1896 Summer Olympics held in Athens. A seap…
The Olympic Tennis Centre is a grouping of 16 tennis courts at the Athens Olympic Sports Complex. It hosted the tennis matches at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece. The centre consists of a main stadium, known as the Main Court, seating 8,6…
Ano Liosia (Greek: Άνω Λιόσια) is a suburb and a former municipality in the northern part of the Athens agglomeration, Greece.
Acharnae (Ancient Greek: Ἀχαρναί) was the largest deme of ancient Attica; it was located in the northwest part of the Attic plain, south of Mt. Parnes in the general vicinity of the modern suburbs of Acharnes and Ano Liosia, about 10 km (6 mi) due n…
Varkiza (Greek: Βάρκιζα), also Alianthos (Αλίανθος) is a suburb of greater Athens forming part of the municipality of Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni in southern Attica, located east of the Megalo Daktylo (Large Finger). It lies approximately 2 km south of V…
Tzistarakis Mosque (Greek: Τζαμί Τζισταράκη) is an Ottoman mosque, built in 1759, in Monastiraki Square, central Athens, Greece.
The Temple of Apollo Patroos (meaning "from the fathers") is a small ruined temple of Ionic order built in 340-320 BCE. It is 10 m wide and 16.5 m long, and is located north-west of the Ancient Agora of Athens, near the Stoa of Zeus. Apollo was cons…
Technopolis (Gazi) is an industrial museum and a major cultural venue of the City of Athens, Greece, in the neighborhood of Gazi, next to Keramikos and very close to the Acropolis. It is dedicated to the memory of the great Greek composer Manos Hatz…
The Salamis Naval Base or Naval Dock Salamis (Greek: Ναύσταθμος Σαλαμίνας) is the largest naval base in Greece. It is located in the northeastern part of Salamis Island (Cape Arapis) and in Amphiali and Skaramanga.
Patisia or Patissia (Greek: Πατήσια) is a neighbourhood of central Athens, Greece. It is split in two neighbourhoods: Ano Patisia (upper Patisia) and Kato Patisia (lower Patisia). The main streets of Patisia are Patision Av.
The Old Acropolis Museum was an archaeological museum located in Athens, Greece on the archeological site of Acropolis. It is built in a niche at the eastern edge of the rock and most of it lies beneath the level of the hilltop, making it largely in…
The National Observatory of Athens (NOA; Greek: Εθνικό Αστεροσκοπείο Αθηνών) is a research institute in Athens, Greece.
The Monument of the Eponymous Heroes, located in the Ancient Agora of Athens, Greece and adjacently situated near the Metroon (old Bouleuterion), was a marble podium that bore the bronze statues of the ten heroes representing the tribes of Athens.
Koropi (Greek: Κορωπί) is a town in East Attica, Greece. It is the seat of the municipality Kropia.
The Kaisariani Monastery (Greek: Μονή Καισαριανής) is an Eastern Orthodox monastery built on the north side of Mount Hymettus, near Athens, Greece.
Page 8 of 15