Fort Cumberland is a pentagonal artillery fortification erected to guard the entrance to Langstone Harbour, east of the naval port of Portsmouth on the south coast of England. It was sited to protect the Royal Navy Dockyard, by preventing enemy forc…
Articles near the latitude and longitude of Cosham
Cosham (//)is a northern suburb of Portsmouth lying within the city boundary but off Portsea Island. It is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086 along with Drayton and Wymering (mainland) and Bocheland (Buckland), Frodington (Fratton) and Copenore (Copnor) on the island.
Latitude: 50° 50' 47.54" N
Longitude: -1° 03' 48.38" W
Articles of interest in Cosham
416 Articles of interest near Cosham, United KingdomShow all articles in the map
Cosham railway station serves the former village of Cosham, today a northern suburb of the city of Portsmouth in southern England.
The City of Portsmouth Boys' School, often referred to as CPBS (and locally as City Boys), is a single sex, Foundation and Comprehensive school for boys from the ages of eleven to sixteen in Portsmouth, Hampshire, England. The school is on London Ro…
The Diocese of Portsmouth is an administrative division of the Church of England Province of Canterbury in England. The diocese covers south-east Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
The Petersfield School (TPS) is located in Petersfield, Hampshire, in southern England. The school opened on 20 June 1958 and remains the only state-funded secondary school in Petersfield.
Ryde St John's Road is a railway station on the Island Line, and serves the town of Ryde, Isle of Wight. The station is 1.25 mi (2 km) south of Ryde Pier Head—the Island Line's northern terminus. When the station opened in 1864, it was known as Ryde…
Royal Air Force Calshot or more simply RAF Calshot was initially a seaplane and flying boat station, and latterly a Royal Air Force marine craft maintenance and training unit. It was located at the end of Calshot Spit in Southampton Water, Hampshire…
Queen Elizabeth Country Park is a large country park situated on the South Downs in southern England.
Portsmouth High School is an independent day school for girls in Southsea, a district in the southern coastal city of Portsmouth, England. Founded by the Girls' Public Day School Trust in 1882, it is one of the Trust's smaller schools.
Petersfield railway station is a railway station serving the market town of Petersfield, Hampshire, England.
Petersfield Town F.C. are an English football club based in Petersfield, Hampshire, England. The club is affiliated to the Hampshire Football Association, and is a FA Charter Standard Community Club. They are currently members of the Wessex League P…
Moneyfields F.C. is a football club based in Portsmouth, England. The club is affiliated to the Hampshire Football Association, and is a FA Charter Standard club. Formerly known as Portsmouth Civil Service F.C., they changed their name to Moneyfield…
Marwell Zoo is a 140-acre (0.57 km2) zoo situated at Owslebury near Winchester, in the English county of Hampshire. It is owned and run by the registered charity Marwell Wildlife. The zoo is home to over 1,200 animals of 235 different species.
Manor Farm Country Park, formerly Upper Hamble Country Park, runs along the west bank of the River Hamble between the villages of Botley and Bursledon in Hampshire at grid reference SU496111.
Isle of Wight/Sandown Airport (ICAO: EGHN) is an unlicensed aerodrome located 1 nautical mile (1.9 km; 1.2 mi) west of Sandown, Isle of Wight, England.
Island Harbour Marina, on the Isle of Wight, UK, is a commercial marina on the River Medina in the small hamlet of Binfield. It is located approximately half-way between Cowes and the County Town of Newport. Visiting yachtsmen will find it just past…
Eastney is a district located in the south east corner of Portsmouth, England on Portsea Island.
East Cowes Castle, located in East Cowes, was the home of architect John Nash between its completion and his death in 1835. Nash himself was the designer of the site, and began construction as early as 1798. He was interred on the grounds.