Kiek in de Kök (Low German: Peep into the Kitchen) is an old Low German nickname for towers, mainly those that formed parts of town fortifications. They gained the name from the ability of tower occupants to see into kitchens of nearby houses.
Articles of interest in Tallinn
244 Articles of interest near Tallinn, EstoniaShow all articles in the map
Omniva is an international post and logistics company based in Tallinn, Estonia, with the entire Baltic states as its domestic market.
Tallinn University of Applied Sciences (Estonian: Tallinna Tehnikakõrgkool) is a vocational university in Tallinn, Estonia, founded in 1992. It provides higher education in the field of engineering.
Pirita Convent (Estonian: Pirita klooster) was a monastery, for both monks and nuns dedicated to St.
Kristiine is one of the 8 administrative districts (Estonian: linnaosa) of Tallinn, the capital of Estonia.
Kalamaja (Estonian for Fish House; German: Fischermay) is a subdistrict of the district of Põhja-Tallinn (Northern Tallinn) in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia. It is located just northwest of the historical town centre, on the coast of the Tallinn B…
The War of Independence Victory Column (Estonian: Vabadussõja võidusammas) is located in Freedom Square, Tallinn, Estonia. It was opened on 23 June 2009 as a memorial for those who fell during the Estonian War of Independence, through which the peop…
Lake Ülemiste (Estonian: Ülemiste järv) is the largest of the lakes surrounding Tallinn, Estonia. Ülemiste is the main part of the Tallinn water supply system, where most of the city gets its drinking water from.
Vanalinn ("Old town") is a subdistrict (Estonian: asum) in the district of Kesklinn (Midtown), Tallinn, the capital of Estonia.
Tõnismägi (literally: Anthony's Hill) is a 36-metre high hillock adjacent to Toompea hill in Tallinn, Estonia. From 1945 to 1996 the central portion of the hillock was called Liberators' Square (Estonian: Vabastajate väljak). The place became intern…
Rocca al Mare is a subdistrict (Estonian: asum) in the district of Haabersti, Tallinn, the capital of Estonia. It is mostly covered by the Estonian Open Air Museum.
The Museum of Occupations (Estonian: Okupatsioonide muuseum) in Tallinn, Estonia, is located at the corner of Toompea St. and Kaarli Blvd. It was opened on July 1, 2003, and is dedicated to the 1940-1991 period in the history of Estonia, when the co…
Monument of Lihula is the colloquial name of a monument commemorating the Estonians who fought for Estonia against the Soviet Union in World War II, located in Lagedi near Tallinn, the capital of Estonia.
The Kopli cemetery (German: Friedhof von Ziegelskoppel or Kirchhof von Ziegelskoppel; Estonian: Kopli kalmistu) was Estonia's largest Lutheran Baltic German cemetery, located in the suburb of Kopli in Tallinn. It contained thousands of graves of pro…
Kalevi Keskstaadion is a multi-purpose stadium in Tallinn, Estonia. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home stadium of Kalev Tallinn.
Viimsi Parish (Estonian: Viimsi vald) is a rural municipality in northern Estonia, located north-east and neighbouring the capital Tallinn. It occupies an area of 72.84 km2 (28.12 sq mi) with a population of 16,901 (As of 1 March 2011) which makes i…
Tallinn Botanic Garden (Estonian: Tallinna Botaanikaaed), is a botanical garden in Tallinn, Estonia. It is located on the right bank of the Pirita River, in the Kloostrimetsa forest in Pirita district.
Saku Parish (Estonian: Saku vald) is a rural municipality in Harju County, north-western Estonia.