L'Istituto Statale della Ss. Annunziata (English: The Ss. Annunziata Boarding School) was the first female boarding school in Florence, founded for the daughters of Marquis Gino Capponi. The Institute was created in 1823, to educate aristocratic and noble girls, under the patronage of Maria Anna of Saxony and Leopold II, Grand Duke of Tuscany. The original building was in the via della Scala, Florence. In 1865 it moved to the Villa del Poggio Imperiale overlooking Florence where it remains in situ today.
Latitude: 43° 44' 57.02" N
Longitude: 11° 14' 50.75" E
Nearest city to this article: Florence Read about L'Istituto Statale della Ss. Annunziata in the Wikipedia Satellite map of L'Istituto Statale della Ss. Annunziata in Google Maps